Whether you are looking to expand or relocate your business, Macomb County has the right combination of assets
in place to help your company succeed.
Our business community is diverse and includes leading companies and employers in the fields of automotive,
health care, defense and technology. Many internationally recognized companies have made Macomb County
home including; General Motors, DaimlerChrysler, DuPont, TRW, Ford Motor Company, Magna, Faurecia and
General Dynamics Land Systems.
- Home to 841,000 residents and growing
- A highly skilled and committed workforce of over 402,000 individuals
- Recognized by the business technology "Home of the Arsenal of Innovation" community as the hot bed for the development of tomorrow’s innovations
- Close to major markets – within 500 miles of half the population of the United States and Canada
- Central to three international border crossings and the Great Lakes/St. Lawrence Seaway shipping network
- Exceptional and affordable quality of life – among the top boating counties in the nation, top-rated health facilities, over 130 parks totaling 12,000 acres, the most affordable residential real-estate in the region, and much more
- Regionally, Macomb County lies on the northern border of the City of Detroit.
- In 2005, Detroit was ranked as the 5th most logistics-friendly city in the U.S. – behind only New York, Houston, Chicago and Cleveland.
- A cluster of high-tech cutting-edge design and engineering firms are located here, which serve automotive and other clients.
- In 2011, half of all new industrial floor space in Southeast Michigan was built in Macomb County.
We are here to Help
The MCPED is your direct connection to all of the resources and services that you require. Let our
knowledgeable and experienced staff manage your relocation or expansion project.
In the past three years, clients working with MCPED have invested nearly $500 million in new plants
and equipment and created or retained more than 4,000 jobs. Clearly our ability to partner with
local, national and global business helps to simplify what might otherwise be a very complex
Among the many services that we will tailor to your specific needs are:
- Site & Building Selection
- Through our databases and connections to realtors, MCPED can provide you with the availability of
suitable sites and facilities.
- Access to Capital
- MCPED can assist you in identifying and securing financing.
- Investment and Development Incentives
- A variety of special investment and development incentives may be available to you depending
upon the nature of your business relocation or expansion plans.
- Property Tax Exemptions
- If your business is in, or allied to, the manufacturing industry, your expansion or relocation
project could qualify for property tax exemptions.
- Market & Economic Research
- MCPED’s access to key data resources and research tools allows us to help you confidently plot
a successful course for the future of your business
- Employee Training
- We can connect you to a wealth of specialized training programs that are designed to meet the
needs of today’s industries